Wednesday, November 24, 2010

They say politically correct...I say more accurate



I'm incredibly grateful for a lot of things in my life. My family, my friends, my job, my education, the sun, the beach, and who/whatever is up in the sky listening when I sometimes need to believe in faith. I like what Thanksgiving is today, just not where it came from. This cartoon is poking fun at all those who remember the roots of Thanksgiving and try to educate others, but their satire just proves to me why this type of dialogue is important. Surely most families in the United States get together for a shared meal, and that's great. But there are a lot of American Indian families in the states that probably have a very different emotional responses to Thanksgiving traditions. Be grateful we've progressed away from blatant genocide, but remember that reservations are still disappearing to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment