Sunday, March 20, 2011

Meet Travis!!!

ello everyone, my name is Travis. I am currently an undergraduate student at Ramapo College of New Jersey majoring in History and going for my Secondary Education certification. I work at the college’s Women’s Center as the Men’s Outreach Coordinator and am the secretary of Feminists United.

Feminism and social justice have been great passions of mine since early high school when I was exposed to the world of activism by way of punk rock. I believe strongly that no one can be free until we are all free and I want to help make that goal closer to being achieved in any way that I can. Some of my biggest passions in regards to activism revolve around history and how it is applied to the political realm, especially as a tool of oppression. I also seek to de-stigmatize the feminist movement for male-identified persons and deal with issues like misogyny and homophobia in that community.

I am excited to start posting here; I love to learn and be exposed to new viewpoints!

1 comment: