Friday, November 19, 2010

Welcome aboard Katie!


Hi, everyone! My name is Katie. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology (with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies) at Ramapo College of New Jersey.

I do A LOT of things. I am a Peer Career Advisor at Ramapo's Career Services Center, Transcendent Alpha Theta Chapter Founder of Theta Nu Xi Multicultural Sorority, Inc., Vice President of Feminists United, Treasurer of Ramapo Pride, and Peer Facilitator for the First Year Seminar Program.

I'm actually fairly new to this whole feminism thing, and I'm learning more and more every day. I'm passionate about social justice, equality, and multiculturalism. I love diversity, but not just diversity of "race." When I talk about diversity, I mean a diversity of ideas, backgrounds, ages, perspectives, religions, classes and more. There is value in learning about all of our differences, and there is beauty in coming together as ONE for the good of humankind.

No comments:

Post a Comment