Saturday, November 20, 2010

Rockin Robin!!!!

Hi all! My name is Robin and I am currently a student of life, among other things. I am pursuing a B.A. in Literature, however, I'm also working on a minor in Women and Gender Studies. And despite it all, I insist upon pursuing a career in medicine, proving that ANYONE is capable of ANYTHING, even me. I'm a writer, a thinker and a lover. I'm a blogger of poetry. I was born female, Jewish, American (first generation) and Israeli, in that particular order. I am a self-identified lesbian, queer woman, and sex positive feminist and I'm proud of every bit of it.

I strongly believe that a person is not limited to merely one identity or label. That in fact, each "identity" is actually a dimensional overlap of all of the various identities we embody and claim as our own. It's an intersection of sorts, and no two are the same. And as a result, I believe that we have a lot to learn from one another. I believe that it is our duty to understand one another's struggles and experiences. I believe that each of us as indviduals has something to offer another and the world as a whole and I believe that everyone should be afforded the right and the opportunity to do so. This is what brings me to feminism.
"Never be someone's slogan because you are poetry" - Sandra Bullock as Gwen Cummings, 28 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment