Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Welcome Jill!


Hello! My name is Jill Grimaldi and I am a Psychology and Communications double major at Ramapo College of New Jersey. I have been blogging for over three years now – since before I even identified as a feminist! I think that social media and blogging is the most amazing tool for connecting people and creating real social change through conversations that help to inspire people to become activists in their every day life.

I consider myself an intersectional feminist, because the feminism I believe in embraces everyone as full human beings – the combination of a million unique identities, and fights for a world where everyone is respected and accepted for everything they are. This is idealistic, I know, but every step towards that goal means a better world… and that’s good enough for me.

In my offline life I work for the Women’s Center at Ramapo as the Publicist, and I am the current Web Outreach Intern at the Margaret Sanger Paper’s Project – both of these jobs involve quite a bit of blogging. I also volunteer for the Bergen County Rape Crisis Center, work as a Peer Facilitator for the First Year Seminar Program, and am currently the President of Feminists United at Ramapo. I love working with other people to create illuminating conversations, and artwork, and writing, and activism.

I really look forward to the conversations that will take place on this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment